Friday, March 19, 2010

With Love and Lashes

...a statement 'coined' by my favorite makeup artist Lauren. (and website here)

Yes, today is Dare to Wear and I will be featuring this but first I want to talk about mascara.  I have tried my (beyond) fair share of mascaras from very very high end $30 per tube to very low end of $2 per tube and everything in between. I've tried waterproof, regular, lengthening, thickening, separating, colored, black, blackest black, etc. You name it, I probably have used it.

There are a select few mascaras that I feel that for me, hit the nail on the head when it comes to performance.  Those mascaras (in no particular order) are:

Cover Girl - Lash blast waterproof formula

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen


Maybelline Full 'n Soft
Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara


And of course, the famous Dior Show


While all these mascaras work fabulously...I find that after about a month of usage, their quality seriously lacks.  Is this because it's not 'fresh' enough...is it because I'm just losing interest in the product and need something new? I've read on many beauty blogs and sites that you should not keep your mascara for longer than 3 months...so why, after a month do I feel like I'm not getting the same results?

Having very long, separated and feathery lashes is the result I crave from any mascara and if I have to replace mine every 3 weeks to achieve same...well, that's a little ridiculous.  Please tell me someone else has this issue? If so, how do you deal? If you don't...do you have advice for me?

Moving on...today's dare to wear will feature (bold) florals.  Not that floral is 'daring' by any means, because its really not. But for me, bold florarls are one of those trends that I just haven't figured out yet how to pull off.  While certain prints look soo effin cute on the rack they translate to a very grandma-ish look on me.  I will, again, try florals this year. And thanks to 2 of my favorite lovelies - Coley's Closet and the Obsessionista I have much inspiration to do so.

Here's my take on florals - casual, flirty, night-time, summer wedding




Hope everyone has a sunny weekend!!!
xoxo

















No comments:

Post a Comment